Thursday, November 26, 2009

"THE TEASE" Part One

I have been playing with an idea.....


I have found a design in a magazine ( that I subscribe to ) that I would put up in parts, show how the bead weaving process can work.


I often get asked "how did you do that?" so.... I thought I would pick out something that has been created by another designer and post each stage to show how it all works. I will take a picture of each part, & post it when each part is finished, yeah mean aren't I.


Why didn't I use one my designs? you ask, well...

I'm a spur of the moment kinda gal and the thought of having to stop! argh! at each stage was far too confounding!!! (one day lol). I also thought it far far easier to show another designers work, who has laboured for hours to publish their work and then give them the very well deserved praise for their effort.


I will link to several sites that have really good and easy to read instructions that one could follow.


SO>>> without further ado here we go....


PART ONE

This is the First Part:- the piece you see is part of the main unit of the necklace, this piece has been made using the stitch called "Chevron Chain" using size 15 & size 11 miyuki seed beads in Hermatite & Silver, it also has been finsihed off with 2 silver glass pearls, a light gold czech round bead and a large black czech glass bead.

Here's the link to great instruction's of how to do the "Chevron Chain".

http://www.guidetobeadwork.com/book/chevron/CC0.html

So give it try and see how you go. if you have any questions just send me a note.

0 comments: