Saturday, September 11, 2010

New News!!!

Yay! new news huh ;), well as you can see by the last entry its been a while.... Hmmm.
Well I have been a bit busy of late and now have some time to play catch up with everything that I have been doing.

I had taken some quilting lesson's with my mum in Paeroa and made new accessories for the house that I am quite pleased with and some new things to put up on the web site very very soon ;).
So On With The Show....

This picture is showing a cool pin cushion we made using only 15, 2 1/2 inche squares, in dark, med & light colors and a we had to put on large button in the centre ....but... as you can see.. not finished...Yet!!!
Also we learnt a Tuck'n'Pleat technique for an assortment of things, the first one we learnt how to do is in the pics below but in this picture was the second piece, a table mat or runner. I made mine into a table mat and have three more to do with a central table runner for my BBQ table just in time for some, also to match the table setting lol.
In this picture, is the first of the Tuck'n'Pleat blocks we learn't to do, but me being me... Just had to embelish it with beads and decorative machine stitching :).




Another cushion I have made from Taffeta Scraps and of course again decorated with beads.

Then below......this cushion has taken me a fair we while to do, it is all bead embroidered with lovely pearlised sz # 4 & # 8 czech beads with tiny sz #15 rocailes and the roses have been done with sz # 11 delicas. I got the idea from my mum, she was sitting doing some (lots of french knots) ie candlewicking for a quilt she is doing ....And I thought to myself cooooool.... But what if you used beads instead ;) This is the result and will definitley doing some more!!!.




Then this set of cushions is just playing about with "Kiwiana" designs and the spirals etc have been machine apliqued on, rather liking the colorway.

Then after all that sewing... as I do, I got a bit bored with all that sewing and decided to do some beading....YAY!!! Below is a picture of a russian spiral bracelet with a slight variation. More on that later, I will make a "Free Tutorial" for it and then post up here for you all. The necklace and earring set I made to go with the bracelet to match, using antique Czech Fire Polished beads and antique gold findings. Rather pleased with the results ;).
Finally!!! I have been making these great dog bandana's, in an earlier post I showed some pics of some but since then I have revised the design and now have had to make a label for them because they had become quite popular with dog owners. I have called it "Posh Petz Nz" and seems to be going down rather well with customers and groomers in the like. So many more to come ( demand is getting bigger by the week !). They love all the differing fashion fabrics & Rhinestones I have put on them and the handpainted decals and named ones especially.



Now but for no other reason but just to show you my wee work space, jsut perfect for me and I now have a dedicated storage space for all fabrics and haby items downstairs but my beading stuff stays up here with me !!!


And last but not least my "Shadow" and my baby sound alseep in the "middle of the floor" as always never far fom his mum :). FINN


0 comments: